Asthma frequently starts up in childhood, and may be caused by outside allergens that can bring on an attack or by internal causes, such as stress. People with asthma often suffer from hypoglycemia, were weaned too early (usually before the end of the first year) and onto excessive amounts of wheat, dairy products and sugar. The child may also have been treated for early illnesses with immune suppressive treatments (high levels of antibiotics, for example, which scientists have found to be immunosuppressive), which can trigger the onset of asthma. Wheat, dairy products and sugar are common allergens for those who suffer from asthma. Even when food intolerances are not the cause, they tend to play a role in the larger picture.
For centuries, they have cultivated mullein in Scotland and England as a herb that would help lung problems. The reason mullein is so good is that it contains a good amount of potassium phosphate and calcium phosphate. These two organic salts are essential for rebuilding tissue, the nervous system and bone structure and in maintaining the body. Mullein is an excellent herb for the respiratory system. It is also very good for glandular problems, digestive and nerve disorders, ear infection, as an antidote for poison plants, pain killer, bleeding bowels, mastitis and many other health problems.
Mullein is one of the best herbs for asthma. As an astringent, it opens air passages allowing the person to breathe more freely. Mullein is the leading herb in Breathe formula. This all natural formula is designed to relieve congestion in the bronchioles and the trachea. The herbs act as a bronchial dilator and help to get rid of phlegm. Some of the herbs are emollient and indirectly soothe and heal the raw irritated mucus membranes.
- Mullein: Reduces mucus formation, stimulates the coughing up of mucus, good for lung congestion.
- Bayberry: Cleansing, builds the blood, strong germicidal properties which destroy bacteria, fights bron chi-pulmonary diseases, an astringent, shrinks mucus membranes, helps to aid digestion.
- Horehound: helpful in treating problems with wheezing, bronchitis, and bronchial asthma, expectorant.
- Bladderpod: A synergistic herb, relaxes the body and relieves pain, relaxes the muscles of the smaller bronchial tubes, thus opening the airways, as the ability to remove congestion from the body.
- Heal All: Exellent for fevers and sore throats, it is anti-bacterial and antiseptic, used to treat bronchial and respiratory ailments.
- Elecampane: Expectorant, soothes coughing, antiseptic, tonic herb for the respiratory system, anti-bacterial.
- Yerba Santa: Very effective in treating respiratory problems, including asthma, congestion, mucus, bronchitis, soothes coughing, strong stimulant action on the lungs, a rejuvenating herb, alterative.
- Plantain: Builds the immune system, infection fighter, reduces phlegm, anti-inflammatory, expectorant.
- Nettle: A decongestant that helps lung and respiratory problems, including asthma. It helps fight infection and is a blood cleanser. It is anti-allergenic, so it is helpful in the treatment of hay fever and other allergies
- Coltsfoot: Demulcent, expectorant, relieves asthma, a remedy to relieve coughing and wheezing.
- Cayenne: Expectorant, stimulates the blood stream, enabling it to carry toxins out of the body faster, also increases the flow of nutrients to the affected areas, also a synergistic herb.
- Lungwort: Has a high mucilage content which makes it a wonderful herb for the treatment of lung ailments.
- SUGGESTED USE:
- As a dietary supplement, take two capsules three times daily. For best results take ½ hour before meals.